LUCKY STAR BRAAI’D BRUSCHETTA!
With summer coming to a close we need to make the most of the last few warm days and there is nothing better than a fish braai! This is the perfect recipe to make up for your family and friends for a snack, light lunch or meal and the best part is that it is really quick and easy BUT also looks amazing. The flavours are gorgeous too because the basil, tomato and mozzarella really work well to create a flavour explosion in your mouth with the Lucky Star pilchards.
1 x 400g tin Lucky Star Pilchards in Tomato Sauce
1 loaf olive ciabatta, cut into 1cm thick pieces
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic
2 cups rosa tomatoes , sliced in half
1 handful basil leaves, torn
1 cup mozzarella, grated
TT freshly ground black pepper
- Fire up a gas braai or light a charcoal fire on medium direct heat.
- Break the pilchards into small flakes.
- Brush olive oil over both sides of the ciabatta.
- Toast the bread on either side on the braai until golden brown.
- Once the ciabattas are golden brown, take the cloves of garlic and rub them on one side of the bread.
- Grill the rosa tomatoes on the braai.
- Place the tomatoes, pilchards, basil and mozzarella on top of the toasted ciabatta.
- Place the bruschetta’s on the braai grid and allow the mozzarella to melt by leaving it on the braai for 3 minutes with the lid closed.
- Serve immediately.
THE LUCKY STAR MEGA FOODIE
Visit our Grill Academy page for the latest details on class dates and times.
The Food Design Agency is a versatile and dynamic food design business based in South Africa focusing on:
- Food styling and photography
- Product development
- Recipe and menu conceptulisation
- Skills training
- High end catering
- Function co-ordination
- Celebrity cheffing in all aspects
- Food Marketing
- Product activations
- Road shows
- Specialised events and public speaking
- The Grill Academy Johannesburg in conjunction with WEBER
It is owned by the vibrant and accomplished Jodi-Ann Pearton (nee Palmer) who, with her team, creates visual masterpieces for their clients across all LSM’s and sectors of industry and trade. We work in many countries across the globe and have extensive insight into food trends, target markets and profiles.
The company was started in 2008 by Jodi-Ann Pearton. Pearton has an incredible work ethic and is determined to turn the business into a world renowned and world class creative food business.
The Food Design Agency is well known for hosting and co-ordinating product launches, activations and road shows across the country for extensive numbers of people with phenomenal results.
CONTACT US with any queries.
The Grill Academy at The Food Design Agency offers a range of exceptional cookery courses on Weber Grills as well as team building and special events.
- Beginners braaing
- Intermediate path finder
- Advanced grilling
- Tappas and finger foods
- Meat appreciation
- seafood appreciation
- Domestics training
- Children’s courses
- Tailored events for team builds and corporates
Food Styling and photography by: Jodi-Ann Pearton