LUCKY STAR TUNA SPRING ROLLS
Who doesn’t love a hot, crispy spring roll filled with amazing, fresh flavours that burst in your mouth when you take a bite? Home made spring rolls are much easier to make than you think and the best part is that you can make them in bulk in advance and freeze them, whip a few out at a time and cook them whenever you feel like treating yourself or your guests! They are packed with the goodness of tinned fish, lemon, baby marrow and a dash of chilli for a bit of zing but feel free to add any ingredients you love to make them special!
1 medium potato, cubed
1 x 170g tin Lucky Star can of tuna in brine
3 baby marrows, grated
1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
½ tsp. dry chili flakes
1 lemon, zested
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper, coarsely ground
1 egg, beaten
12 spring roll wrappers, separated
2 cups oil, for deep frying
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the cubed potato until golden and crisp.
- Drain tuna and in a bowl combine, drained tuna, cubed potatoes, grated baby marrow, spring onions, chili flakes, zest and season to taste. Mix.
- Place back in the pan and cook out the liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Put about one table spoon of the filling onto the spring roll sheet, roll and seal with the egg wash. Repeat with the other spring rolls.
- Heat oil and deep fry spring rolls until golden.
THE LUCKY STAR MEGA FOODIE
Visit our Grill Academy page for the latest details on class dates and times.
The Food Design Agency is a versatile and dynamic food design business based in South Africa focusing on:
- Food styling and photography
- Product development
- Recipe and menu conceptulisation
- Skills training
- High end catering
- Function co-ordination
- Celebrity cheffing in all aspects
- Food Marketing
- Product activations
- Road shows
- Specialised events and public speaking
- The Grill Academy Johannesburg in conjunction with WEBER
It is owned by the vibrant and accomplished Jodi-Ann Pearton (nee Palmer) who, with her team, creates visual masterpieces for their clients across all LSM’s and sectors of industry and trade. We work in many countries across the globe and have extensive insight into food trends, target markets and profiles.
The company was started in 2008 by Jodi-Ann Pearton. Pearton has an incredible work ethic and is determined to turn the business into a world renowned and world class creative food business.
The Food Design Agency is well known for hosting and co-ordinating product launches, activations and road shows across the country for extensive numbers of people with phenomenal results.
CONTACT US with any queries.
The Grill Academy at The Food Design Agency offers a range of exceptional cookery courses on Weber Grills as well as team building and special events.
- Beginners braaing
- Intermediate path finder
- Advanced grilling
- Tappas and finger foods
- Meat appreciation
- seafood appreciation
- Domestics training
- Children’s courses
- Tailored events for team builds and corporates
Food Styling and photography by: Jodi-Ann Pearton